Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wild Rumpus

We had a Wild Rumpus of a baby shower recently.  The theme of all three showers has been related to a children’s book, see previous post for the first two.  I tried making cake balls……

DSCF0051

DSCF0052

DSCF0057

I think I used too much icing but they turned out pretty good for my first attempt.  I used chocolate candy melts and sprinkled them with green sprinkles. 

Party Decorations

DSCF0053

DSCF0055

DSCF0054

A Max for Baby

Baby Gifts

When I started thinking about gifts, I decided that nothing was more Southern than seersucker, a search of the internet revealed that not many people had used seersucker to make a baby blanket.  So I got fleece, seersucker, and satin binding.  I made all three blankets, and waited until the last shower to give them to the mommies to be.  I love books, and decided to give them The Real Mother Goose Book. 

P3180015

P3180023

P3180019

Now I have to get back to some other projects, like my afghan and a my cross stitch piece of winter geese.  And to keep reading towards my goal of fifty books in 2012.  I strongly encourage you to read The Hunger Games trilogy, I know there is a lot of hype about the movie right now, but the books are AMAZING!  Read them!

Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I've heard they are really good. They are on my list to read when I can. Grats on the baby blankies, they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete